100 Subitizing Slides & 10 Challenge Patterns

With a click, a pattern of dots appears on your screen.  Instantly your students tell how many.  They don’t count the dots.  Instead they simply know the total at a glance.

Subitizing – when a person looks at a small set of objects and instantly detects the total without counting.  It’s a powerful process and a truly remarkable one.

I have a new resource for you.  100 Subitizing Slides & 10 Challenge Patterns.

There are 10 sets, and each set includes 10 subitizing slides and 1 challenge pattern.  In between each slide, I’ve placed a blank slide.  As you click through the slides the effect will be that the slides are appearing and disappearing – at the rate that you choose.  The blank slide will also allow you to toggle back and forth to an image or simply move forward to the next image.

Then, after 10 quick subitizing experiences, you’ll see one challenge image which will be duplicated several times on the screen.

Download the sets, try it out in your classroom, and let me know how it goes!

Downloadable Sets

Subitizing Set 1 with a Challenge Image
Subitizing Set 2 with a Challenge Image
Subitizing Set 3 with a Challenge Image
Subitizing Set 4 with a Challenge Image
Subitizing Set 5 with a Challenge Image
Subitizing Set 6 with a Challenge Image
Subitizing Set 7 with a Challenge Image
Subitizing Set 8 with a Challenge Image
Subitizing Set 9 with a Challenge Image
Subitizing Set 10 with a Challenge Image

If you want a tool to create your own challenge patterns, take a look at How to Create 9 Identical Dot Patterns in 10 Seconds or Less.

All my best,

Steve

30 Comments

1. Joshua Boden on November 15, 2019 at 4:34 am

Steve I just wanted to say that I think you’re an amazing person. I’ve followed you for several years and the things you have done to enrich teachers understanding of how math should be taught is inspirational. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do.

2. Stephen on October 22, 2019 at 10:48 am

Hi Steve, Thank you so much for this usable material. I really appreciate it. As a kindergarten teacher, this is great. An interactive lesson, discussion and involved children. What more could one ask for? Thanks

• Steve Wyborney on October 24, 2019 at 6:47 am

My pleasure, Stephen. I’ll keep them coming!

3. lanae goates on October 21, 2018 at 3:20 pm

these are amazing! I’m excited to use them! Thank you for sharing

4. Kristin on October 11, 2018 at 8:31 pm

This is an amazing site! Thank you for sharing these wonderful resources. Subitizing is an essential skill for our students. These slides will make it fun for my students and simple for me!

5. Rui on October 9, 2018 at 1:54 pm

6. Daftar Judi Sabung Ayam on October 6, 2018 at 11:10 am

Excellent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just
    too wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are
    saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still
    take care of to keep it wise. I can’t wait to read far more from you.
    This is actually a terrific website.

7. Janet on October 3, 2018 at 1:09 pm

I can’t wait to share these with my primary teachers. Thanks for making them available!

8. Cathleen Peterson on October 2, 2018 at 4:31 pm

I figured it out! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your resources! My students love Splat! The subitizing slides are going to make my life so much easier. I truly appreciate these resources.

9. Toni Montgomery on October 2, 2018 at 3:14 pm

Steve Thank you. The links are working now

10. Danyn on October 2, 2018 at 2:15 pm

The links are working! Thanks Steve

11. JoAnn Mattos on October 2, 2018 at 1:22 pm

The best part about these is that the kids love them! They are engaged and excited about discussing the math contained on them!! Thank you so much!!

12. Amy Keller on October 2, 2018 at 3:48 am

Thank you!

13. Roslyn Wikoff on October 1, 2018 at 10:46 pm

What another amazing resource! Thank you so much for sharing! I shared with all K-2 teachers at my school!

• stevewyborney@gmail.com on October 9, 2018 at 6:41 am

Thanks, Roslyn!

14. Meghan on October 1, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Thank you so much ! Your resources are Amazing

15. Jane P on October 1, 2018 at 4:45 pm

I was able to download all ten sets! Thank you so much for all you do. It is so generous of you to share all your work! My students and I LOVE the SPLAT!

16. Dan Kearney on September 30, 2018 at 8:48 pm

Steve, the sets are not available for downloading from the email or your webpage. Dan

• stevewyborney@gmail.com on September 30, 2018 at 8:49 pm

Hi, Dan. Can you try it now and let me know if the links are live?

17. Martha Molls on September 30, 2018 at 8:38 pm

Hi Steve. The sets are not linked to a download from this site or the side sites.
    Thanks

• stevewyborney@gmail.com on September 30, 2018 at 8:50 pm

Hi Martha. I just updated the links. Can you see if it will work for you?

18. Linda Striegel on September 30, 2018 at 8:37 pm

I can’t download. Could you please check the link. Thank you

• stevewyborney@gmail.com on September 30, 2018 at 8:51 pm

I think it’s working now, but please let me know. Thanks!

19. Tammy Eastep on September 30, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Hi Steve,
    I have used and LOVED your SPLAT slides. Where can I purchase the subitizing slides?

Thanks!
    Tammy

• stevewyborney@gmail.com on September 30, 2018 at 8:52 pm

Hi, Tammy. They are all free. The links should be active now so you can download them. Thanks for the kind words!

20. Victoria on September 30, 2018 at 8:33 pm

Thanks for everything you share! I love your resources. I would love to try out your subsidizing activities, but cannot find a way to download the slides. I don’t see a link in the email or on your blog. Can you advise?
    Thanks!

• stevewyborney@gmail.com on September 30, 2018 at 8:52 pm

Hi, Victoria. Go ahead and try it again. I think the links are all updated now. Thanks!

21. Angela on September 30, 2018 at 8:30 pm

I’m interested in your subitizing slides, but the links are not active.

• stevewyborney@gmail.com on September 30, 2018 at 8:53 pm

Hi, Angela. I believe they are all ready to go now, but would love some feedback on if they are set and working. Thanks!

• Drew Sedrel on October 4, 2018 at 11:08 am

Hey, your links are working now. Thank you so much!